Academic Dress Information
Please refer to "Academic Dress" page at University website for the details.
||A robe of black stuff of the simple traditional shape with pointed sleeve.
||A robe of black stuff, Oxford MA pattern.
|Doctors of Philosophy
||A robe of maroon panama with facings of deep blue.
||College cap, 'mortar-board' pattern.
||Black velvet cap, bonnet-shaped and soft, with a hard round brim and a narrow cord of gold at the junction of crown and brim.
|Faculty of Engineering
||Deep blue with yellow silk edge lining, 3.5 cm wide.
||Deep blue with yellow silk lining throughout, the lining being turned over to the depth of 1 cm.
||Deep blue with maroon silk lining throughout, the lining being turned over to the depth of 1 cm.
||Maroon panama with deep blue silk lining throughout.
Gown and Hood
- A dark suit with a white shirt and a neck tie or bow tie
- The loop at the front tip of the hood should be firmly attached to either the 2nd or 3rd button of the shirt, the neck tie will be at the front, covering the front tip of the hood
- Unless it is absolutely necessary the use of safety pin should be avoided
- Sports shoes, flip-flops, sandals, jeans and shorts should be avoided
- A dark skirt or a pair of dark pants with a white shirt or blouse with buttons
- The loop at the front tip of the hood should be attached to one of the shirt or blouse buttons
- Sports shoes, flip-flops, sandals, extremely high-heeled footwear, jeans, shorts and mini skirts should be avoided
Put on the cap with the base lining without a seam at the front, the other side with the seam at the back. The tassel should be on your left.