To be eligible for admission to the curriculum leading to the degree of MSc(Eng) / MSc(CompSc) / MSc(ECom&IComp) / MSc(FTDA), a candidate shall satisfy both the University Entrance Requirements and the Programme Entrance Requirements including but not limited to:
- comply with the General Regulations;
- comply with the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- hold (i) a Bachelor’s degree of this University in a relevant field; or
(ii) a relevant qualification of equivalent standard from this University or from another university or comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required; and
- for a candidate who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to high degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b).
An application for exemption from the above requirements shall be considered on a case by case basis.
English Language Requirement
Applicants who wish to be admitted on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English shall satisfy the University English language requirement unless in exceptional circumstances they are exempted from this requirement.
Exemption of Modules / Advanced Standing*
Candidates can apply for counting up to three modules / 12 credits* successfully completed at this or another university before admission to the MSc curriculum in HKU towards completion of the degree. Candidates who wish to do so should make the request upon application for admission by completing the relevant column in the application form and providing ALL the supporting documents. Any application made after admission to the HKU MSc curriculum in Engineering will NOT be considered.
* For students admitted in the academic year 2016-17 and thereafter