Loan of Academic Dress
Timetable and Venue for Collection
The distribution venue is at the upper ground foyer (outside JUPAS Office) of Knowles Building. Please bring along a completed loan form and Student ID/HKID/passport for verification.
Doctoral and MPhil Degrees:
|October 17, 2016 (Monday) 5:15 pm - 7:45 pm|
|October 18, 2016(Tuesday) 5:15 pm - 7:45 pm|
|October 31, 2016 (Monday) 5:15 pm - 7:45 pm|
|November 1, 2016 (Tuesday) 5:15 pm - 7:45 pm|
|October 19, 2016 (Wednesday) 5:15 pm - 7:45 pm|
|October 20, 2016 (Thursday) 5:15 pm - 7:45 pm|
Return of Academic Dress
All loaned academic dresses must be returned to the Gown Room of the University by January 6, 2017.
More details: HKU Congregation website.
Enquiry Contact (CPAO)
||A robe of black stuff of the simple traditional shape with pointed sleeve.
||A robe of black stuff, Oxford MA pattern.
|Doctors of Philosophy
|A robe of maroon panama with facings of deep blue.
||College cap, 'mortar-board' pattern.
||Black velvet cap, bonnet-shaped and soft, with a hard round brim and a narrow cord of gold at the junction of crown and brim.
|Faculty of Engineering
||Deep blue with yellow silk edge lining, 3.5 cm wide.
||Deep blue with yellow silk lining throughout, the lining being turned over to the depth of 1 cm.
||Deep blue with maroon silk lining throughout, the lining being turned over to the depth of 1 cm.
||Maroon panama with deep blue silk lining throughout.
Gown and Hood
- A dark suit should be worn with a white shirt and a sober tie;
- the loop of the hood should be firmly attached to either the 2nd or 3rd button of the shirt with the tie over the top of the halter;
- the hood halter should NEVER be placed over the tie;
- unless it is absolutely necessary the use of safety pins should be avoided;
- a tie must always be worn.
- A dark skirt and a white blouse with buttons should be worn;
- the loop of the hood should be attached to one of the blouse buttons.
Put on the cap with the base lining without a seam at the front, the other side with the seam at the back.