Loan of Academic Dress
Timetable and Venue for Collection
Please refer to Arrangement for Class of 2017 for the details of timetable and venue for collection and return of Academic Dress.
||A robe of black stuff of the simple traditional shape with pointed sleeve.
||A robe of black stuff, Oxford MA pattern.
|Doctors of Philosophy
|A robe of maroon panama with facings of deep blue.
||College cap, 'mortar-board' pattern.
||Black velvet cap, bonnet-shaped and soft, with a hard round brim and a narrow cord of gold at the junction of crown and brim.
|Faculty of Engineering
||Deep blue with yellow silk edge lining, 3.5 cm wide.
||Deep blue with yellow silk lining throughout, the lining being turned over to the depth of 1 cm.
||Deep blue with maroon silk lining throughout, the lining being turned over to the depth of 1 cm.
||Maroon panama with deep blue silk lining throughout.
Gown and Hood
- A dark suit should be worn with a white shirt and a sober tie;
- the loop of the hood should be firmly attached to either the 2nd or 3rd button of the shirt with the tie over the top of the halter;
- the hood halter should NEVER be placed over the tie;
- unless it is absolutely necessary the use of safety pins should be avoided;
- a tie must always be worn.
- A dark skirt and a white blouse with buttons should be worn;
- the loop of the hood should be attached to one of the blouse buttons.
Put on the cap with the base lining without a seam at the front, the other side with the seam at the back.