Joint Education Programme for PhD
HKU and Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) have established a Joint Education Programme for PhD in 2016. The two institutions, making use of their own research strengths and networks in different areas, will design together a tailor-made programme of study for each candidate admitted to the programme and offer them a unique learning experience and exposure. Students who are able to successfully complete the programme will receive the degree of PhD from HKU. For further details about the Programme, please click here.
The Faculty has developed a remarkable global appeal by establishing research collaborative relations with local and overseas institutions. Ample exchange opportunities are provided to our research students to help them gain distinct experience in research and valuable exposure overseas. Students are also encouraged to participate in international conferences in their research fields so that they could build a strong research profile before graduation.
Example of institutions offering exchange opportunities to our RPg students:
- California Institute of Technology, U.S.
- Cornell University, U.S.
- Duke University, U.S.
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Fudan University, China
- Georgia Institute of Technology, U.S.
- Imperial College London, U.K.
- Kyoto University, Japan
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, U.S.
- McGill University, Canada
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- New York University, U.S.
- Osaka University, Japan
- Princeton University, U.S.
- The University of Sydney, Australia
- Tsinghua University, China
- University College London, U.K.
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- University of California, Berkeley, U.S.
- University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.
- University of California, San Diego, U.S.
- University of Cambridge, U.K.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, U.S.
- University of Michigan, U.S.
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- University of Pennsylvania, U.S.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, U.S.
- Zhejiang University, China