||For students admitted in the academic year 2015-16 and before
||For students admitted in the academic year 2016-17 and thereafter
|| 12 modules
|| 72 credits
|Pattern of Study
- 12 modules; or
- 8 modules and a 4-module dissertation
- 72 credits of courses; or
48 credits of courses and a 24-credit-units dissertation; or
60 credits of courses and a 12-credit-units case study project#
# For MSc(ECom&IComp) curriculum only
For more details, please refer to the Regulations and Syllabuses of the curricula.
MSc(Eng), MSc(CompSc) and MSc(ECom&IComp) curricula are offered in both part-time and full-time modes.
- For full-time study, the duration for completion is 1 to 2 years.
- For part-time study, the duration for completion is 2 to 3 years.
- Classes are normally held on weekday evenings and on Saturdays. Lectures of a few courses may be given during daytime of weekdays to suit mainly full-time students. There are two semesters and one summer semester in an academic year.
Regulations and Syllabuses
- A student who has completed 12 modules / 72 credits* successfully will be awarded an MSc degree.
* For students admitted in the academic year 2016-17 and thereafter
- The academic qualifications required for recognition by professional institutions vary from one to another. For example, the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) primarily accredits Bachelor's degrees in Hong Kong while some UK institutions require the first degree of Master of Engineering for admission. HKIE has no policy for accreditation of MSc degrees in Hong Kong. If an MSc student wishes to apply for admission to professional institutions such as the HKIE upon graduation but his / her first degree is not recognized by the professional institution, he / she is strongly advised to take the project option in the MSc study.
Medium of Instruction
- English is used as the medium of instruction in all courses.
- Examinations are normally held in December, May and August every year, after the teaching semesters.