Dr. Marian Choy
BEng (Computer Engineering), University of New South Wales, Australia
PhD, University of New South Wales, Australia
Lecturer (Faculty of Engineering)
Office: Room 528B, Haking Wong Building
Phone: +852 2219-4812
Fax: +852 2546-9142
Marian is passionate in teaching. She regards this as a people's ministry with a mission to stimulate interest, encourage active learning, and at the same time bring in positive values. It is very challenging to meet, interact and learn with new students every semester. Without lowering the standard and quality, Marian is enthusiastic to try new things such as outcome-based approach to enhance teaching and learning activities. Although adjustments mean more effort and time, it is always encouraging to see improvement and meaningful work produced by the students.
- ENGG1111 Computer Programming and Applications
- ENGG1003, ENGG1004, ENGG1005 Mathematics I
- MATH1851 Calculus and Ordinary Differential Equations
- Computers in education
- Adaptive technology
- Image processing
Representative Research / Consultancy Projects
- Resources and Strategies for Innovative Problem Based TLAs to Achieve ILOs in Problem Solving Courses with the Use of Computers
- Towards Enhanced Assessment for Learning - Improving the Capabilities of a Programming Assignment Assessment System
- Development of a Programming Assignment aSessment System (PASS)
- Choy, M. (2007). "Companion workbook for CS2362", McGraw-Hill Education (Asia).
- Wang, F.L., Fong, J., and Choy, M. (2007). "Blended learning for programming courses: A case study of outcome based teaching and learning", Blended Learning - Workshop on Blended Learning 2007, 15-17 August 2007, Edinburgh, 30-41.
- Choy, M., Lam, S., Poon, C.K., Wang, F.L., Yu, Y.T., and Yuen, L. (2007). "Towards blended learning of computer programming supported by an automated system", Blended Learning - Workshop on Blended Learning 2007, 15-17 August 2007, Edinburgh, 9-18.
- Yu, Y.T., Choy, M., Chan, E.Y.K., and Lo, Y.T. (2007). "Requirements and design of a web-based tool for supporting blended learning of software project development" ICCE 2007, 5-9 November 2007, Hiroshima.
- Choy, M., Nazir, U., Poon, C.K., and Yu, Y.T. (2005). "Experiences in using an automated system for improving students' learning of computer programming", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, 3583, 31 Jul-3 Aug 2005, Hong Kong, 267-272.
- Chong, S.L. and Choy, M. (2004). "Towards a progressive learning environment for programming courses", New Horizon in Web-based Learning, ICWL 2004, 8-11 August 2004, Beijing, 200-205.
- Siu, Y.L., Choy, M., and Chan, Y.K. (2004). "Assistive user interface for people with disabilities", LDAG 2004, 23 october 2004, Georgia.